Thursday, April 29, 2010

Stellar Parenting

This is how immature my husband and I are:

We're on vacation in Cape Cod, in April. Yes, we're freezing our asses off, but we've had lots of family time and ample opportunity to hone our parenting skills.

Today in the pool we were playing this game where I was the monster, chasing husband and the kids all over the pool. Somehow (husband says because I was acting "unstable", "monster" morphed into "Mrs. Bates" (Norman's mom in Psycho, remember?) So they're all yelling, "No, don't eat me Mrs. Bates!" etc.....

Suddenly middle son wants to be on my team and I say, "OK. You can be Master Bates." Husband and I screech with laugher and practically drown. MS is in heaven.."Watch out! Here comes Master Bates!" The other kids are squealing and splashing, "NO Master Bates, NO!"

Husband and I are so proud of ourselves and hysterical, egging them on, "Look out for Master Bates!" This was totally awesome until other people showed up at the pool.......

No comments:

Post a Comment